Homemade Mint Lip Balm
Give your lips a break with this homemade mint lip balm recipe.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup of mint (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 cup beeswax or (vegan) carnauba wax
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Chop up fresh or dried mint leaves and pack them into the LEVO Herb Pod, filling at least half way full. Place the Herb Pod inside the reservoir, then add in the shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and olive oil. It's OK if the ingredients are solid to begin with, as they will melt while the cycle is warming up.
- Set the Infuse cycle to 160ºF for 1 hour, and press start. When the cycle is completed dispense it into a clean container with a wide opening, and get ready to quickly fill the containers.
- Use the dropper to fill the chapstick containers of your choice while still in liquid form, before the mixture begins to harden.
- Set each container in a safe spot on your counter top without a chance of accidental disruption to let cool and set.
- Once hardened, apply generously to lips, cuticles, hair, and everywhere!
- We’d love to see what you make! Share on social with #LEVOmade.