Lotion bars may seem like a novel concept, but the reality is much simpler than you may have imagined. Resembling a bar of soap, lotion bars will stay solid when kept at room temperature or lower. When applied to the skin, body heat will slightly melt the bar, allowing you to use anywhere on the body!
Try out this amazing DIY lotion bar recipe with your LEVO to liven up your DIY skincare routine (and decrease your environmental footprint)! Plus, they make the best gift ever. Follow our DIY lotion bar recipe now!
DIY Lotion Bar Recipe
Skip the plastic bottle and discover the wonderful efficiency of lotion bars. Follow our easy DIY lotion bar recipe to to avoid unwanted additives and chemicals found in other store-bought lotions.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup calendula infused shea butter
- 1 full Herb Pod dried calendula
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E
- Combine 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 cup of shea butter in the LEVO (no need to pre-melt!)
- Fill Herb Pod with calendula and add to reservoir (you can infuse both ingredients together, mixing the shea and coconut in one).
- Dispense and let the mixture cool, adding Vitamin E and stirring in if desired.
- Pour into molds and let the mixture harden: we recommend a muffin tin or bread tin (and then slicing when hardened).
- Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.
Why calendula? Calendula is a type of marigold flower touted for its anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that may make it useful in healing wounds, soothing eczema, and relieving rashes. Try finding some at your local farmers market, or look for them at the local natural foods store.