How To Make Infused Chocolate Covered Oreos
When it comes to making infused snacks at home, this recipe is one of the simplest.
Our go-to for when we're craving something sweet and chocolatey in a pinch? Infused chocolate covered Oreos. On their own, Oreos are already a delicious snack and we didn't think they could get any better, but this extra layer of infused chocolate not only elevates the treat, but offers a simple solution to when you have some extra infused butter or coconut oil sitting around at home.
Tips on how to make the best chocolate covered Oreos
Like we mentioned earlier, making chocolate covered Oreos is a super easy recipe that will take you less than an hour. Because there are so few ingredients, we recommend using the highest quality that you can find. The better the quality of your base ingredients, the better tasting your newly infused cookies will be.
Here are some more tips for this chocolatey snack recipe:
- Use coconut oil for your infusion base. If you want a hint of coconut flavor, use unrefined coconut oil. If you'd prefer your chocolate covered Oreos without a coconut flavor, use refined coconut oil. The oil will also help thin out the chocolate, making it easier to dip your cookies.
- For extra rich flavor, use ghee or butter. Butter or ghee is another option for your infusion base. Using one of these two bases will also add some extra gloss to your finished product, making them even better to share with friends or family as gifts. Check out our articles on how to infuse butter and how to make ghee if you need a place to start.
- Mix up your Oreo flavors. While classic Oreos are delicious, you can mix things up by using different flavors. Think vanilla Oreos, mint Oreos, or even seasonal, limited-time editions.
- Use different cookies or chocolate. If Oreos aren't your thing, you can use all sorts of different cookies! From chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies, to graham crackers and beyond, this infused chocolate coating can be used on all sorts of treats. The same goes for the chocolate! White or dark chocolate would both make excellent coatings.
- Test out different dipping styles. Spice things up by dipping half way instead of fully covering.
- Elevate your cookies even further with decorations. Want to take your cookies up another level? Add some extra flair! We're talkin' sprinkles, edible glitter, crushed candy, or icing. There are no limits to how you can decorate these delicious treats.
- Use a double boiler method to melt your chocolate. This will ensure that your chocolate coating stays hot enough to give you enough time to cover all of your cookies and also keeps your chocolate from burning. You can also use the microwave to melt your chocolate, which you can find instructions on in our Peanut Butter Bites recipe.
Tips on storing your infused chocolate covered Oreos
- Store your cookies in an airtight container. Keep your cookies fresh by storing them in an airtight container. You can also refrigerate or freeze your cookies to extend the shelf life.
- Keep extra infusion base around for when you need a little pick-me-up. We personally love our herb block trays for saving the perfect portions of infused oils and butters ready for any time we're feeling like an infused treat.
We're sure you'll love this easy-to-make recipe. The best part about it? You can use the infused chocolate coating on a variety of different of different foods like raspberries, apples, candy, and so much more. It's a great way to make any treat infused with your favorite herb.
Give it a try and let us know your thoughts!
If you try this recipe, feel free to let us know in the comments. We'd love to hear about your experience and what you thought about this recipe, as well as any twists you might have put on it!
Infused Chocolate Covered Oreos
This easy-to-make recipe is an easy way to turn your favorite store-bought cookie into an infused adult version.
Fresh or coarsely ground herb of choice
1 cup of coconut oil
10 oz of your favorite chocolate
2 tbsp of infused coconut oil, ghee, or butter (we used coconut oil)
1 tsp of vanilla
Your favorite flavor of Oreos or cookies
For Chocolate Coating
Pack the LĒVO herb pod with your herb of choice. Use fresh herbs or coarsely ground dried herbs. Too finely ground and your herb will seep through into your infusion, so grind just enough to increase surface area and maximize infusion. Add the herb pod to the reservoir and activate using LĒVO's default setting.
Once the activate stage is done, add your coconut oil to the reservoir and infuse using the temperature and time found in this calculator.
When ready, dispense your infused coconut oil and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
For The Chocolate Covered Oreos
Using a double boiler method, combine the chocolate, vanilla, and infusion.
Dip your Oreos one at a time until desired coating is completed. Place dipped cookies on parchment paper and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
Once set, store the final product in an airtight container and enjoy!
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.