How to Make a Yule Log Cake
It’s never too early to search for holiday dessert recipes, and who says you have to wait until Christmas to enjoy an infused Yule log?
Here’s a recipe for Yule Log that is perfect for a cozy evening at home. The herb-infused Yule will definitely bring in cheer and wellness no matter the time of year. The flower infused butter used to make the Yule Log is terpene-rich with herb compounds.
Terpenes are compounds found in plants that determine aroma, taste, and other botanical properties.
The Yule Log is a traditional holiday dessert that can be traced to the 17th century, and it was made to resemble the actual logs Germanic pagan families would begin to burn for winter solstice feasts, and later on Christmas Eve for good luck. Now you can make one with flower infused oil or butter that will bring you good luck and health too!
You can use pre-made infused butter, or you can follow these simple steps for making homemade infused butter. Here are the ingredients you will need to infuse your own butter at home with LĒVO:
- ½ ounce or 14 grams of flower in two Power Pods (or make proportion adjustments to recipe ingredients if you need to use more or less of your favorite flower)
- 2 cups of butter
However, remember that LĒVO has continually refined this 2-step process into one machine while containing the smell and making cleanup a snap- as all of the internal components are dishwasher safe!
Yule Log Cake Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Parchment or wax paper
- Plastic Wrap
- Double boiler
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup infused butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons of Kahlua coffee liqueur or a nonalcoholic coffee flavor
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, thoroughly heated (you can also infuse heavy or whipping cream)
- 1 8 oz package of dark chocolate chips
Ingredients for Yule Log Filling
Ingredients for Sponge Cake
Ingredients for Ganache Frosting
Whip powdered sugar, infused butter, cocoa powder, salt, and coffee liqueur together in a large mixing bowl. You can mix by hand, but a mixer will work better and ensure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Transfer filling cream into a separate bowl and add mascarpone cheese. Mix and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a little melted butter over a sheet pan, and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour together in a bowl and stir.
- Crack the eggs in the bowl.
- Mix in sugar and whip until the mixture thickens.
- Add 1/2 of the cocoa powder mixture and vanilla extract and mix again until well blended.
- Pour the mixed batter onto the sheet pan and spread out with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on a clean kitchen towel so that it covers an area larger than the sponge cake.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Quickly flip the pan upside down onto the towel.
- Remove the parchment paper.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread the filling evenly on the top all the way to the edges.
- Roll the cake up over the frosting.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar on top.
- Wrap the Yule Log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
To garnish the Yule log with a ganache, whisk about 1.5 ounces of dark chocolate chips and 1 cup of hot, heavy cream in a bowl until smooth. Then spread the ganache all over the log and then refrigerate before serving.
You can finish your infused creation with a dusting of cocoa powder and confectioners’ sugar.When it’s ready, share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it as #LEVOmade
Are you ready to expand your confectionary skills into the world of home infusions?
LĒVO has a library ofrecipes,educational content,calculators,photos, and MORE available on ourwebsite, or visit us onYouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVOQuiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.