10 Brownie Hacks To Try With Boxed Brownies
Nothing tastes better than baked goods fresh out of the oven, but sometimes we just don't have the time, energy, or ingredients on hand to make something like a fresh pan of chocolatey brownies.
Luckily, we live in a world where boxed brownies exist. And better yet, there are so many different options of boxed brownies to fit most dietary restrictions — LĒVO's Organic Brownie Mix is the perfect example!
We like our herbal infusions made easy and our baked good made easy as well, but of course, we like to elevate them and we've got a few tricks up our sleeves to make boxed brownies taste even better.
Here are 10 brownie hacks to try with boxed mix:
1. Add a peanut butter swirl to your brownies. This is one of our favorite brownie hacks, simply for its ease. Most of us have a jar of peanut butter in our cupboard, so adding a couple of tbsps to the pan before it goes in the oven is an easy way to add some extra flavor and flair.
For this trick, all you have to do is add a few dollops of peanut butter on top of your brownie batter after you've poured it into its tray. Then, using a knife, you can drag the peanut butter over the batter to create a marbled effect. The end result? Absolutely delicious and a real stunner, too.
For an extra layer of infusion, add infused MCT oil to your peanut butter!
2. Add jam to your brownies. What's better than peanut butter brownies? Peanut butter and jam brownies. Of course, this flavor combination isn't for everyone. If you don't enjoy fruit and chocolate together, it's best to avoid this altogether. Otherwise, the process is simple. Just add a couple of dollops of jam to the top of your brownies with the peanut butter and create a marbled effect with your knife. The pockets of bright jam and peanut butter are mouthwatering.
3. Add an extra egg yolk to your mix. Most brownie mixes, like our Organic Brownie Mix, already call for an egg. But if you want your brownies to be ultra gooey and fudgey, then add an extra egg yolk to your mix.
4. Add frosting to your brownies. Whether you go with chocolate-on-chocolate or have fun with flavors like vanilla, strawberry, or mint, adding a frosting to your boxed brownie is a slam dunk in our books. You can use store-bought frosting or make yours from scratch. This infused buttercream frosting is one of our go-to recipes.
5. Throw it back with some rainbow chips. Nostalgia called and it wants you to make cosmic brownies at home. So while you're frosting your brownies, sprinkle on some rainbow chips for a taste of childhood.
6. Add chocolate chips or chunks. Out of all the brownie hacks on this list, this is another affordable solution for taking a boxed mix up a notch. Just prepare your boxed mix as usual and add in your chocolate chips or chunks before you bake in the oven.
7. Add a splash of vanilla. If you love to bake, chances are, you already have some vanilla extract in your cupboard. You can add a layer of depth to boxed brownies with this sweet aroma. And this is a hack that can apply to a variety of different recipes. We love adding vanilla when we make infused chocolate covered Oreos, too!
8. Speaking of Oreos, try making slutty brownies. This brownie is a triple threat. It starts with a base layer of cookie dough (see our go-to cookie recipe or use our pre-made mix) and a top layer of brownie with Oreos baked into the middle. It's decadent, to say the least, but absolutely worth every last calorie.
9. Add instant espresso powder to your boxed brownies. Just like vanilla, espresso adds an extra layer of depth and really brings out the rich, chocolatey flavor of brownies. Thanks to Unpeeled for this trick!
10. Use the double pod method to increase the potency of magical brownies. In case you haven't heard, you can up the volume of your herb capacity when making oil and butter infusions in your LĒVO II by using a second herb pod. With two pods, you can fit up to 14 grams of coarsely ground herbs. You can purchase one separately or shop it with our bundles, like the Ultimate LĒVO II Bundle or the Mega Accessory Bundle.
Do you have any other brownie hacks for boxed mixes? Share them in the comments below!
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.