Infused Mushroom Thyme Bruschetta
This recipe is based on a traditional Italian antipasto which is a light and savory appetizer featuring grilled bread dressed with garlic, olive oil, and salt. A range of toppings can be served on top of this infused mushroom thyme bruschetta, including cheese, tomatoes, vegetables, or cured meat.
Use your preferred mushroom; varieties like button or portobello make great choices. You can also mix the varieties for different textures and tastes. Sautéing makes the texture of all mushrooms more tender.
Mushrooms are a fantastic source of selenium which reduces the risk of cancer. Studies show mushrooms are also good for brain health and thyroid health.
Balsamic vinegar improves skin health, reduces blood sugar, promotes digestive health, and much more due to its powerful properties. It is even good for treating wounds! Antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties make this ingredient a key choice for maintaining a strong immune system.
Garlic has an active compound called allicin which is responsible for effective antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It also reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Never underestimate the power of seasoning! A small but mighty amount of thyme also has potent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
When all of these flavor profiles are brought together and are balanced just right - wow!
Decarbing Your Flower and Infusing Oil
Note: If you don’t have aLĒVO yet (and why not?) but still want to make this delicious, neo-classical recipe, you can find those manual,oven (decarb) to stovetop (infusion) instructions here.
If you do already have aLĒVO, you’ll just need to pull from some of your infused olive oil AND infused butter supply to make this recipe. However, if that’s just a bit much for you, feel free to adapt this recipe to your needs or wants. It’s that flexible, so enjoy the process.
Infused Mushroom Thyme Bruschetta
- 1 pound of mushrooms (your choice of type)
- 3 tablespoons of infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 4 slices of Italian or your choice of bread
- Extra olive oil for drizzling
Heat the infused olive oil in a large frypan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Slice the mushrooms into 1/4" slices.
- Toss into the pan and sauté quickly, about a minute or two.
- Add the balsamic and sprinkle in sugar as you stir. Mix for another 30 seconds or so to let the balsamic and sugar caramelize.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Toast the bread and rub each piece lightly with garlic. You can add additional minced or chopped garlic if you are a garlic fanatic. If you like roasted garlic, you can include it too.
- Place a spoonful or two of mushrooms on each slice of bread. Don’t overload them so that the mushrooms fall off when served or lifted from the plate. Drizzle with additional infused extra olive oil and serve.
What could be easier? Buon Appetito!
*And when you’re finished creating your beautiful Brushetta, make sure you share what you’ve made with @LEVO_Oil, and be sure to tag it as #LEVOmade.
Contact Us for More Information on Home Infusing Machines
If you would like more information on how to use home infusion machines to create a range of appetizers and dishes, please contact a LĒVO representative. We are happy to discuss how a home infusing machine can help you create infused and healthy dishes.
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary, Confectionery, And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.