Infused Butter Garlic Langostino Scampi
Garlic langostino (prawn, or shrimp) scampi is a delicious and delectable seafood dish. If you want to elevate this already classic dish, including infused butter will make it magnifico!
To begin, gathering all the ingredients is the first step. The langostino is in the refrigerator. You have the pasta and spices for the scampi, and your LĒVO II infusion machine is on the countertop ready to go.
A LĒVO II infuser can make the edible cooking process that much easier. Now, all you need to do is make the infused butter. Then, you’ll be ready to start cooking your meal.
Botanicals and Infused Butter
So, what is it about the langostino garlic scampi that makes that infused butter taste even better? It’s the terpenes.
Note: Terpenes are anti-inflammatory molecules found in the medicinal herb. Additionally, lobster and garlic contain anti-inflammatory compounds as well. With the combination of complementary ingredients, you’re sure to have a tasty meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Don’t worry if the recipe’s name sounds complex. Simply follow the instructions below, and you will enjoy a delicious and highly nutritious dinner with a flavorful and relaxing twist.
Once you feel comfortable with the recipe and instructions, you can customize the ratios to your cravings. You can add more garlic, more lobster, other kinds of seafood, or even up the potency of your infused butter.
The Extra Touch
If you want to make a multi-course meal with your infused butter, plan to make a larger batch for the different courses. A quality infusion machine can expedite this process while ensuring consistent dosages. This is where the LĒVO II really shines- control, efficiency, and clean-up.
Or, to create an infused butter appetizer course, prepare some extra seafood and infused butter. Then, you can offer your friends a relaxing appetizer of seafood dunked in butter while the main course is cooking.
Once the entrée is complete, you can finish out the evening with infused brownies or lemon bars, both baked with herb-infused butter. You can always make your baked edibles ahead of time so you can focus on the savory dishes that day.
Enjoying the Meal
It is recommended to space out your dosing when enjoying infused food. Especially if you decide to serve infused butter and seafood appetizers, pace yourself when enjoying your delicious meal.
Keep note of how you’re feeling and take your time, even if the food is delicious and leaves you wanting more. The effects of infused foods take longer to kick in. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and they tend to last a lot longer- just so you know.
So, when you’re making an infused meal with the LĒVO II, take your time and make sure to enjoy and savor each special bite!
Do you want to learn more about the growing art of home infusion?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action!. Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you!” #LĒVOMade
The Garlic Langostino Scampi Recipe
Below are the ingredients and a stellar recipe to kick off your infused savory, seafood experience.
- 1 pound medium lobster, peeled and declawed. You can substitute 1 pound of small lobster or 1 pound of shrimp. You could even use chicken, but it does not have the same anti-inflammatory properties.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup infused butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Season langostino with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in white wine and fresh lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until half of it cooks down about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. You can also stir in parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme if you prefer a different spice profile.
- Mix in the infused butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until melted and smooth. You could substitute regular butter for some of the infused butter if you’d like to use some for either an appetizer or dessert course.
- Stir in the lobster and parsley. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan to your liking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the meal with your friends! Bon Appetit!