Even when it's not Spring, it's always time for some Spring cleaning! If you’re anything like us, you’ll find any moment to purge your closet and re-organize your kitchen to spark joy. But have you ever wondered what’s inside your cleaning products? Most cleaning products contain chemicals or even harmful plastics, such as BPA.
We learned from Jenn Tsang, founder of Sqwishful, a brand focused on the new wave of sponges for the next generation of homes, that our endocrine systems will work overtime to process these chemicals. It came as a surprise to learn that our everyday cleaning products could result in sleep disorders, weaker immune systems, diabetes, and even infertility. We asked Jenn to share some of her favorite homemade, all-natural cleaning products that you can easily make with your LĒVO.
So for that post-BBQ clean-up, steer clear of those chemical-laden standbys and put your LĒVO to work for an easy grease-fighting lavender dish soap. While you’re at it, make sure to grab that plant-based, biodegradable pop-up sponge, too. Learn how to make your own dish soap with us now!
How To Make Your Own Dish Soap
Jenn Tsang of Sqwishful
Steer clear of harmful cleaning chemicals by making your own lavender dish soap with LEVO!
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup all natural soap flakes or grated soap
- 1/4 cup castile soap
- 2 teaspoons super washing soda
- 1 teaspoon non-GMO vegetable glycerin
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- Pack LEVO Pod with 2 tbs of dried lavender. Add glycerin.
- Begin infuse cycle at 185 F for 30 minutes, or til scented to your liking!
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan
- Add the soap flakes and stir to dissolve.
- Add the castile soap, washing soda, and infused glycerin.
- Stir well, making sure everything is dissolved.
- Carefully pour into a bottle with a spout or pump.
- Allow to set for about 24 hours.
- Make sure to check out Sqwishful on their site or via Instagram @sqwishful.
- And as always, share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.