Hot Cheeto Mozzarella Sticks
If you’re looking for a spicy snack that’s also the perfect combo of cheese and crunch, search no further than our Hot Cheeto Mozzarella Sticks.
This tangy botanically-infused appetizer merges the best guilty pleasures into one delicious dish.
You can add infused oil, milk, or butter to different elements in this recipe. Add herb-infused oil to the marinara sauce. You can add infused oil to the sauce, and drizzle an herbal-infusion over the mozzarella stick platter to add visual flair. With the numerous infused ingredient options, a LĒVO II home infusion machine will help create a variety of infused components to include in this dish and many others.
Hot Cheeto Mozzarella Sticks
- 8 cups of canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 12 mozzarella string cheese sticks (1 package)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 8.5 ounce bag Crunchy Cheetos Flamin’ Hot Snacks
- ½ cup marinara
- ½ cup ranch
- ½ cup infused buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Ranch Dip Ingredients
Unwrap the mozzarella sticks and place them on a plate.
- Set the sticks in the freezer to chill for about an hour.
- Crush up the contents of one 8.5-ounce Cheetos Crunchy Flamin' Hot Snacks until the Cheetos are broken down to the consistency of graham cracker crumbs.
- Place crushed Cheetos into a bowl.
Beat four eggs together in one bowl.
Move the bowl with crushed Cheetos next to these bowls. You should have 3 bowls with different ingredients at this point.
- Bring the 8 cups of oil up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a saucepan.
- When oil reaches temperature, begin coating the sticks in flour first, then egg, and then roll the sticks in the Cheetos crust.
- Place in the pan. Fry for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Make sure to turn the sticks over so they cook evenly.
Remove the sticks from the oil using tongs and place them on a platter. Now you’re ready to infuse the buttermilk for the ranch dipping sauce. Ranch is the perfect complement to the spicy Cheeto-crusted mozzarella sticks.
Preparing the Infused Buttermilk for Ranch Dip
If you don’t already have the LĒVO II infusion machine, follow the old-school infusion directions below. Note, it will smell stronger in your house than if you use LĒVO to infuse:
Place 1 cup of buttermilk in a saucepan.
- Add 3.5-7 grams of coarsely ground decarbed flower.
- Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Make sure you stir frequently (about every five minutes).
- Don’t let the temperature go over 165°F. Do not let the mixture boil.
- The milk will turn a light greenish-amber hue.
- Remove the buttermilk from the heat.
Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth to remove the plant material. Now your infused buttermilk is ready for the additional ingredients!
Preparing the (Infused) Ranch Dip
Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and infused buttermilk.
- Add and mix in the rest of the ingredients (dill, lemon juice, parsley, chives, and paprika) until fully combined.
The infused ranch sauce is just the right complement for the gooey cheese coupled with the spicy and crunchy crust. Now that you’ve mastered this fun and delicious appetizer, you can experiment with different infused ingredients too. With the flavor profile and infused ingredients of this dish, you’re sure to please everyone.
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.