Homemade Sour Gummy Infused Butter Worms
Infused gummy edibles are long-time favorites with botanical enthusiasts. If you’re looking for delicious and fun homemade edible options to enjoy and share, homemade sour gummy worms with infused butter are a great choice.
Infused gummies are often pretty expensive at the dispensary, but with the right tools (like a LĒVO II machine) and the perfect recipe, you can begin making your own amazing edibles from the comfort of your kitchen.
With an infusion machine, like LĒVO II, you can make your sour gummy worms with infused butter for a fraction of the retail price normally charged.
Eating Your Worms
It’s important to test the potency of your new creation before eating too many in one sitting. While your infused gummies may be delicious, it’s recommended to give them some time for the effects to kick in before eating more than one.
Once you’ve determined how many to eat for the desired effect, make a note of the preferred serving size and enjoy. These infused gummy worms are a perfect way to unwind at the end of the day or begin your weekend in the right frame of mind.
Sharing your homemade infused-butter sour gummy worms with friends is another excellent way to enjoy your edibles. You can show off your new cooking skills (and LĒVO II machine) while everyone enjoys the benefits from the effects of your sour edibles.
It’s recommended to store them in an airtight container to maintain freshness. Also, because candies can be tempting to children, of course, take care of where they’re stored.
What to Drink with Your Worms
A variety of drinks can complement your infused gummy worms. Depending on the activity, a soda would go well with your homemade edibles.
Even sweet fruit juice or a crafted cocktail would be a complementary juxtaposition to your tart and sour worms. Maybe even hard citrus, or cider? Of course, these are always best when enjoyed with friends.
Caution: Don’t Eat Too Many Gummy Worms
Again, whenever you’re trying a new edible for the first time, make sure to test the potency and the edible’s effect before consuming too many. There are many variables when making your own infused edibles, try half of a gummy worm first.
From there, you can start to determine your tolerance and ideal dosage. Enjoy!
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action!. Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you!” #LĒVOmade
How to Make a Homemade Sour Infused-Butter Gummy Worms
Making your own edibles at home can be a fun experience, especially with the help of a quality infusion machine like the LĒVO II.
Gather all of your needed implements, kitchenware, and ingredients, including your infused butter, before starting.
- 12 cups of sugar, divided plus ½ cup
- 8 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon citric acid, divided
- 4 packets of unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup cold water, divided
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons flavoring oil
- 2 teaspoons or more of infused butter
- Food coloring (if desired)
LĒVO Sour Gummy Sugar (if desired)
Divide 12 cups of the sugar onto three half-sheet pans lined with wax paper and add 4 tablespoons of citric acid to each if making sour worms. You can also use the LĒVO Sour Gummy Sugar Trio if desired.
- Spread into an even layer and set aside.
- Whisk together the gelatin and 1/3 cup of water in a 2-quart saucier. Set aside to congeal while you prepare the sugar syrup.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, and remaining 1/4 cup water in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the sugar syrup to 160°F. About 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the gelatin. Return to low heat and whisk until the gelatin dissolves completely. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the flavoring oil, infused butter, food coloring, and remaining 4 teaspoons citric acid, if using. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and cool to 100°F before squeezing shapes out onto the prepared sugar pan. Work in batches, allowing the worms to set for at least 20 minutes before removing them from the sugar.
- Reheat the gelatin by dipping the squeeze bottle in a warm water bath and reheating it to 100°F.
- Alternatively, you can fill drinking straws or candy molds with gelatin. Allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes before moving. For best results, leave the candy at room temperature overnight (8 to 12 hours) before storing them in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.