Homemade Cookie Dough Bites
The best part about making cookies is sneaking some pre-baked cookie dough before popping them in the oven! Now, you can make your own cookie dough bites recipe that combines the satisfaction of delicious cookie dough batter and infused goodness of your favorite plant’s healing properties.
This recipe is quick, easy, and full of nutrients, antioxidants, and herbal compounds.
Decarboxylating Flower for magical butter or ghee
You will need to activate and infuse butter to use in the recipe before you start to make the cookie dough bites. Prepare the infused butter on the same day you plan to make the candy bites, or a day or two before.
A LĒVO home infuser allows you to optimize the potency and therapeutic effects of the botanicals. During the ‘decarbing’ process, the raw flower is heated to an ideal temperature, which activates the psychoactive botanical compounds.
Begin by breaking down large buds of flower into smaller pieces by hand or with a knife.
Place the flower in the LĒVO II machine’s Power Pod(s) or LĒVO C’s Jumbo Pods.
Select the activate button and allow the flower to decarb at 220 degrees for roughly 30 minutes, plus the Warming Up cycle. Run the cycle twice for a full LĒVO C Jumbo Pod.
Infusing Butter for Cookie Dough Bites
After the decarbing step is complete, add enough butter to the reservoir so that the herb is completely covered and start the infusion process. Infuse flower at 165°F for 3-6 hours.
Looking for more easy-to-make edible recipes like this one? Try these Firecrackers!
Homemade Cookie Dough Bites
If you need a refresher on how to infuse your butter with your LĒVO II or LĒVO C, here’s one of our classic recipes. We suggest infusing at 165°F for 3-6 hours.
Mix the infused butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Stir vigorously by hand or use a blender on medium until creamy.
- Add the milk and vanilla and stir.
- Add the salt.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and continue to stir carefully. Keep adding the flour until it is all mixed in smoothly until the dough takes shape.
- Stir in one cup of chocolate chips or chips of your preferred flavor.
- Scoop out a tablespoonful of dough and make a ball. Place the ball on a baking sheet (greased or parchment-lined).
- Repeat the process until you have used all the batter and/or the baking sheet is full.
- If you are adding a dry coating of nuts, coconut, or sprinkles, put the coating in a bowl. Poke a ball with a fork and dip it into the dry coating. Gently roll it in the coating to make sure it is evenly covered. Continue the process until all cookie dough balls are covered. You can also use various coatings in the same batch if you set up different bowls with your ingredients.
- Freeze the cookie dough balls for one hour, or until firm.
- If you prefer a chocolate coating, you can melt the chocolate dipping sauce at this point. Use a fork to prick the cookie dough bites and dip them in the chocolate sauce. Let the excess drip off before you place them back on the baking sheet or a serving tray.
- Refrigerate again to set the chocolate coating.
Your homemade cookie dough bites are now ready to enjoy. They pair nicely with a cup of coffee with a splash of vanilla almond milk or regular milk.
You can make ingredient substitutions such as infused ghee, clarified butter, or load these bites up with nuts or shredded coconut. Baking chips such as white chocolate, peanut butter, etc., can be substituted for chocolate chips.
Make sure to use ingredients in proportion. It is better to add one handful of nuts or coconut flakes at a time to avoid overdoing any one flavor.
Note: We do recommend trying one of your treats and then waiting an hour. This is the best way to objectively judge your creations. Enjoy!
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary, Confectionery, And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.