Caramel Infused Chocolate Squares
Are you looking for an herb-infused dessert recipe that combines buttery caramel and rich chocolate flavors? Caramel and chocolate go so well together, but infusing this recipe with our favorite herb is sure to take these caramel chocolate squares to the next level!
Caramel and chocolate offer luscious sweetness, and this classic pairing is even better when infused with psychoactive flower that has many therapeutic benefits as well.
Decarbing Your Flower and Infusing Butter
Note: If you don’t have aLĒVO yet (and why not?) but still want to make this super-special chocolate recipe, you can find those old-school decarb and infusion instructions here.
To decarboxylate your raw flower, you can decarboxylate using a traditional method or by using aLĒVO home infuser. There are so many benefits to using aLĒVO home infusion machine in your kitchen. It offers a far easier and more accurate way to dry, activate, and infuse herbs than the conventional method of heating flower in the oven and then infusing the mixture on your stove-top.
A LĒVO home infusion machine is essential if you plan to make herb-infused foods, baked goods, or even health products frequently. Home infusers allow you to program and adjust the most effective heat and duration settings for specific herbal profiles.
Some compounds are more heat-sensitive than others, so having the ability to adapt the settings allows greater control over potency. Take a look at our time and temperature calculator.
You don’t need dozens of ingredients for this simple recipe, so it is even more appealing for busy people who want to squeeze in making an infused treat.
The recipe makes about 8-10 servings. You can use white or dark chocolate for the shells, and you can decorate the chocolates with nuts, sprinkles, or chocolate drizzle.
Finally, you can wrap your candies in wax paper and decorate as you like, but keep them in the refrigerator, in a labeled and lidded container for best results.
Caramel Infused Chocolate Squares
- 1 pound of milk chocolate
- 3.5 oz of caramel sauce
3 tablespoons of infused butter
Tempering the Chocolate
Place about half of your chocolate into a small pan over very low heat (using a double boiler is best) and heat the chocolate.
- Stir to ensure all the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a bowl.
- Keep adding pieces of the unmelted chocolate until the temperature of the chocolate has been reduced to 89 degrees Fahrenheit (a candy thermometer will be helpful).
- Mix in the infused butter.
- Place in mold.
Filling the Molds
Pour the melted chocolate into the squares on the mold. Fill each square to the top. Then tip the mold upside down over the chocolate bowl and tip out any excess. The goal is to make a hollow shell.
- Check for any holes in the shells. If needed, add in a little extra chocolate to cover holes and tip again to remove any excess.
- Use a knife to scrape any excess chocolate from the top of the mold.
- Put the mold into the fridge for at least half an hour to set.
Adding the Caramel Inside the Shells
Remove the mold from the fridge.
- Make sure the caramel is cool enough that it won’t melt the chocolate shell.
- Slowly spoon about ½ teaspoon of caramel sauce into each chocolate. Leave a small gap of about 2mm at the top of each shell so there is room for the chocolate base.
Making the Chocolate Base
Repeat the tempering steps listed above.
- Spoon the chocolate carefully over the top of the caramel.
- Scrape off any excess chocolate using a knife.
- Chill the chocolates in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Once the chocolate has set, turn the mold over on a work surface. Gently bang the mold to get them out.
Note: There are 3 tablespoons of infused butter in this whole recipe. Depending on the potency of your butter, will correlate to the strength of your final product. We suggest trying one and waiting an hour to have an objective idea of their effects. Enjoy!
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary, Confectionery, And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.