Halloween Treats: Wicked Witch Infused Wine
A Halloween party isn't complete without a witch-themed beverage, and luckily, we have an infused one on deck! Imagined by Bex Carlos, the brains behind Tu Tía Bruja, a podcast about witchcraft, ghosts, the occult, true crime, and the abnormal, this Wicked Witch Infused Wine doubles as a mulled wine with a LĒVO twist.
How To Make Infused Wine
For this recipe, Bex uses an infused honey made in her LĒVO and adds it to her recipe. Our Basic Honey Infusion recipe is the perfect place to start if you've never worked with this liquid before.
Tips on How To Infuse Honey
- We recommend heating honey at a lower infusing temperature no higher than 105°F. This will allow you to liquefy the honey and still maintain the flavor, aroma, and color.
- Dispense sooner rather than later for easier draining. If your honey begins to thicken in the reservoir, you can always warm it back up at 105°F to liquefy it again.
- Use a viscous honey. Viscosity is the measure of the resistance of a fluid to flow, so the honey you find in the bear bottles work great! Creamed honey- not so much.
- Like other honey, you should store this recipe at room temperature in an airtight container, away from direct light and heat.
- If your honey crystallizes, you can gently heat and liquefy it to bring it back to its original state.
Here are some items to help you get started:
- LEVO II Infusion Machine
- Power Pod (for increasing the potency and/or flavor of your infusion)
- Herb Press (for squeezing out every last drop of butter)
Ready to make infused wine? Let's get started!
Wicked Witch Infused Wine
Whether you're making this infused wine for Halloween or for the holidays, you're in for a treat. The best part? You only need a handful of ingredients to get started!
Fresh or coarsely ground dried herbs
16 oz (2 cups) of honey
One bottle of Merlot
1/4 cup LEVO-infused honey
- Cinnamon sticks
Ingredients for Infused Honey
Ingredients for Infused Wine
Directions for Infused Honey
Pack the Power Pod using fresh or coarsely ground dried herbs. Too finely ground and your herb will seep through into your infusion, so grind just enough to increase surface area.
With the reservoir and stirrer correctly installed inside the LĒVO unit, place the herb pod inside the reservoir.
Scoop the honey into your LĒVO reservoir. Make sure all of the contents of your Power Pod are submerged and close the lid.
Set your LEVO to 105°F and infuse for 30-120 minutes, depending on your herb choice. Use our time and temperature calculator to be precise.
While the honey is still warm, dispense your infusion into an airtight container, such as a reusable glass jar. Use your Herb Press to strain as efficiently as possible and ensure you get every last drop of the infusion
Directions for Infused Wine
Add all of your ingredients into a slow cooker.
Set to high and lower once warm.
Serve warm with an orange slice and a cinnamon stick.
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.