If you’ve ever been to a Vietnamese restaurant you may have enjoyed a Vietnamese chicory coffee. This salubrious hand-held sipper is the perfect way to ease yourself into your day. The creamy sweet richness of the condensed milk acts as a foil against the bitter qualities of the chicory coffee.
But first, why use chicory coffee? Chicory is a taproot from the dandelion family. It’s dried, roasted and ground very much like coffee but at a much lower price-point. Also, chicory doesn’t contain any caffeine, so there is a small health benefit in using this type of liquid in your soon to be flower-infused drink. Mixing a portion of chicory coffee with your usual morning cup of regular coffee beverage is a nice change of pace for your stomach. The combination just tastes delicious especially when served over ice and drizzled flower-infused condensed milk. Try our infused Vietnamese chicory coffee recipe stat!
Infused Vietnamese Chicory Coffee
Change up your mornings with some infused Vietnamese chicory coffee.
Pack your LEVO herb pod with flower.
- Set your Activate cycle and relax (remember, this is a dry cycle, no oil or butter should be added until you begin infusing!)
- Fill the LEVO reservoir with one cup of condensed milk and set it to 160ºF for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, your LEVO will turn off and you'll have steaming hot, infused condensed milk.
- Prepare a portion of Vietnamese Coffee
- Place a metal spoon in a glass filled with cube ice (to offset the heat)
- Pour the steaming coffee over the ice
- Drizzle the infused condensed milk over the top (to taste)
- Serve and prepare another for yourself!