Vegan Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
In the mood for something sweet and cruelty-free? Try our very own vegan peanut butter cups recipe.
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup #LEVOmade
- coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter- (crunchy or smooth is your choice!)
- 1/4 tsp he shou wu
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Muffin mold tray (try our LEVO herb blocks)
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoon of dried flower.
- Begin infuse cycle at 160 F for 120 minutes in combination of coconut oil.
- In a small pot, combine the raw cacao powder and coconut oil and heat until nicely combined. Be careful not to burn or overheat and do not add any liquids, such as, almond milk or water.
- If the mix is too watery, add more cacao and if it is too powdery, add more coconut oil. It should be a little creamier consistency than water.
- Add the maple syrup and the shou wu. Stir, turn off the heat, and set aside.
- Place 10 muffin molds (you can use thin, paper ones) and put about 1 tbsp of the chocolate sauce into each of them.
- Place them in a muffin tray or solid dish of some sort and store in the freezer for about 10-20 minutes or until solid.
- Next, drop about 1 tbsp. of peanut butter into each cup and top with the remaining chocolate sauce, about 1 tbsp. In each of them.
- Sprinkle with the Himalayan salt. Put back into the freezer for at least an hour, ideally overnight and enjoy them straight from the freezer when finished!
- If you make these cups at home for dessert, share what you make with #LEVOmade.