Tahini Eggplant Recipe
Gabe Kennedy of Plant People.
Enjoy your eggplant the Mediterranean way, with a #LEVOmade spicy zhug sauce on top.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp whole coriander
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Jalapenos
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno & Garlic-Infused EVOO
- Salt to taste
Zhug (Yemeni Hot Sauce)
Infused Lemon Oil
- Pack LEVO Pod with 2 cloves garlic and 3 diced jalapenos, with seeds removed.
- Begin infuse cycle at 165 F for 60 minutes.
- Place eggplant on grill and blacken on all sides.
- When very soft, remove from the heat and place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Peel skin off when cool.
- Add tahini into food processor with garlic and lemon and begin to whip.
- Gradually add water into the mix until it becomes fluffy and light. Season with salt.
- Toast the coriander, cumin and black pepper in a hot pan and remove when aromatic. Crush spices. Mince bell pepper, removing seeds. If you like extra spicy, add a diced jalapeno to the mix!
- Mix pepper with spices, and add lemon juice and infused EVOO. Season to taste!
- Serve the dish by adding a large amount of tahini to the bottom of the plate. Add the eggplant on top and garnish with the zhug and some fresh mint. Enjoy!
- Make sure to check out our friends Plant People on their site or via Instagram @plantpeople.
- And as always, share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.