Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples Recipe
Don't know what to make for the Holidays? Keep the delicious, while staying healthy, with our roasted sweet potatoes and apples recipe.
- 3 pounds orange-flesh sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Fuji apples, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Finely shredded zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of dried rosemary and thyme
- ~1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Additional: 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme sprigs as garnish
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoons of dried rosemary and thyme.
- Begin infuse cycle at 160 F for 30 minutes in olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, infused olive oil, apples, syrup, lemon zest and juice, 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and pepper until coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer in 2 large, oiled, rimmed baking pans.
- Roast until sweet potatoes are browned and tender when pierced, 40 minutes, turning chunks every 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, add more salt to taste, and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Ready to invite us to your dinner party? Show us what you make and post on social with #LEVOmade.