Recipe for Peach BBQ Sauce
There's nothing that says summer more than a nice homemade BBQ sauce for grilling. Add a peach to the mix for an entirely new level of yum. Try our recipe for peach BBQ sauce the next time you crave that special sauce.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (for infusing)
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tbsp finely diced dried or fresh jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 pound fresh peaches that have been pitted, peeled and sliced (you can use frozen peaches, too!)
- 1 ½ cups water, divided
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Pinch cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tbsp of fresh or dried jalapeno pepper
- Begin infuse cycle at 175 F – 185 F for 60-120 minutes in vegetable oil
- After infusion is complete, heat sauce pain with jalapeno-infused vegetable oil and cook the onions. (Feel free to include additional jalapenos!) Cook until soft.
- Add bourbon and cook for one minute to evaporate.
- Add peaches and 1 cup of the water and cook for 10 minutes until tender.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a food processor and puree until smooth then return to the pan along with all of the other ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until desired thickness, roughly about 5 minutes.
- Think we’re about ready to slather this on everything in sight! How about you?
- And as always, share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.