Pumpkin Coconut Milk Curry
We love pumpkin coconut milk curry, and so do you.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, crushed (about 6 cloves)
- 2-3 tablespoons of dried flower
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 4 cups (about 19 oz.) sugar pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups red bell pepper slices
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth 1 can full-fat coconut milk, well shaken (about 13.5-oz.)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt (sub soy-, coconut-, almond, or cashew-based yogurt for vegan version)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 lime wedges
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoon of garlic.*
- Begin infuse cycle at 160 F for 60 minutes in full fat coconut milk
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high. Add onion and garlic to pan
- cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add curry paste
- cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, bell pepper, chicken broth, infused-coconut milk, and salt
- bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until pumpkin is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove 4 cups of pumpkin-bell pepper mixture from pan, and set aside.
- Place remaining mixture in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan, and heat over medium.
- Stir in reserved pumpkin-bell pepper mixture.
- Place 1 cup rice in each of 6 shallow bowls
- ladle pumpkin mixture over rice.
- Garnish with yogurt, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Serving this pumpkin-coconut curry for dinner? Share what you make with #LEVOmade.
*Note: For those interested in an edible experience, combine garlic infusion with your favorite dried flower and infuse for up to 2.5 hours.