Infused Oven Baked Halibut Recipe
The Nomad Cook
Coconut and wasabi crusted oven baked halibut recipe with infused coconut cream. Yes, please!
- 1⁄4 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1⁄4 Wasabi Peas
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1/4 Cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1/3 Cup Infused Coconut Cream
- Salt & Peppers
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, cut into tbsp-size pieces and chilled
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Water Salt
Coconut Basmati Rice
- Fill pod about 3.5 grams of your flower of choice. Hit the Activate cycle to start.
- Split Lemon Grass in half and smack with a mallet to flatten. Add to pod with flower.
- Set temperature to 165°F and time to 2.5 hours.
- Turn oven on to 420°F. Using a sharp knife, remove skin & portion fish & season with salt.
- Take wasabi peas and smash into small pieces. In a small mixing bowl mix crushed up wasabi peas and coconut flakes. Coat top of halibut with Wasabi Coconut mixture
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the rice in a rice cooker, add rice, coconut milk and water. Also a pinch of salt. Using a heavy saucepan, heat to medium and boil wine, vinegar, and shallot until liquid is syrupy and reduced to 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Add infused coconut cream, salt, and pepper and boil 1 minute.
- reduce heat to moderately low and add a few tablespoons butter, whisking constantly. Add remaining butter a few pieces at a time, whisking constantly and adding new pieces before previous ones have completely liquefied.
- Remove from heat, then season to taste with salt and pepper and pour sauce through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on and then discarding shallot.