Makrut Lime & Lemongrass Shower Steamers
- 1 cup of baking soda
- ½ cup of citric acid
- ⅓ cup of cornstarch
- ⅛ cup of kaolin clay
- seven makrut lime leaves
- 1 tbsp lemongrass
- 2 cups jojoba oil
- spray water bottle
- dried lime zest
- 1 non-metallic bowl
- 1 set of nitrile gloves
- 1 silicone mold
- optional: mica powder to add color to your shower steamers
- Add around seven makrut leaves and 1 tbsp of lemongrass to the herb pod and insert it into the reservoir. Fill reservoir will around 2 cups of jojoba oil and close the lid.
- Set your LĒVO to infuse for 40 minutes at 175°F.
- Dispense and set aside 1/4 cup of the infused oil for this recipe. Store the remaining oil for future use in the refrigerator!
- Note: Be sure to wear nitrile gloves when mixing to protect your skin from the citric acid.
- Add baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, kaolin clay, mica powder (for color), and dried lime zest (optional) to a non-metallic mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add infused makrut lime and lemongrass jojoba oil to the mixture. Knead the mixture together. If needed, use your spray bottle to lightly spray the mixture if your mixture is a little dry. Make sure to incorporate immediately to avoid a reaction.
- Fill a silicone mold with the shower steamer mixture. Press firmly into the mould using your fingers.
- Wait 24 - 48 hours to dry completely. They should feel hard and solid. Once ready, remove each shower steamer from the mold and enjoy by placing one steamer on the floor of your shower while showering!