Infused Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Bars
Christina Wong of Baking With Chickens
Mmm, now that's an edible.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened*
- 120mg of LĒVO-infused oil*
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Zest and juice and from 1 lemon (less than 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- Optional: Small cannabis fan leaves for decoration, rinsed and pat dry
- To make your LĒVO-infused oil, first pack your LEVO herb pod with flower.
- Set your Activate cycle and relax (remember, this is a dry cycle, no oil or butter should be added until you begin infusing!)
- Fill the LĒVO reservoir with the canola oil. Set your LĒVO to 175-185°F for 2.5+ hours.
- Relax! Once it's complete, dispense and set aside.
Instructions: Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, and rosemary. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, LĒVO-infused oil, and powdered sugar until creamed and fluffy. Beat in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, lemon extract, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture a little at a time until combined. Continue beating until a crumbly dough comes together. It should feel like crumbly soft sand that holds together. Press together and make sure any crumbly flour bits are mixed thoroughly into the dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Place into the oven and bake on the center rack for 40 minutes. Turn the pan halfway through baking to bake evenly.
- Make the Lemon Glaze. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar with the juice and zest of one lemon until you get a smooth, thin, runny glaze that just coats the back of a smooth with a thin film. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach desired consistency. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven and place onto a rack to cool. Place the small cannabis leaves each scattered across the top of the cookie.
- Pour glaze evenly on top of the cookie and over the cannabis leaves. Using a small spatula, gently spread to evenly distribute the glaze and coat the leaves. The leaves should look like they’re covered with a thin sheet of ice.
- Let the cookie and icing cool completely in the pan until the glaze hardens, 3 or more hours. Using the sides of the parchment paper, lift the uncut cookie out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into 24 approximately 3”x1.5” rectangles.
- Enjoy those beautiful sticks of joy! Keep in mind that it can take up to 2 hours to start feeling the effects of an edible. Eat one and wait at least 90 minutes to 2 hours to see how you feel before eating another piece. Store covered in a cool, dry place.
* 5mg per cookie. Depending on how much infused oil you use, substitute and subtract that volume from the amount of butter