Jalapeño-Infused Havarti Cornbread
- 2 jalapeños, thinly chopped
- 2 cups butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp jalapeño-infused butter, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 oz shredded havarti cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Orange marmalade, for topping
For the infusion
For the cornbread
- Place the chopped jalapeños in the LĒVO Herb Pod. Insert the Herb Pod in the reservoir, then add in 2 cups of butter.
- Set LĒVO to Infuse for 1-2 hours at 160-175°F. Dispense into a glass container and set aside.
Instructions Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Over medium heat, melt jalapeño-infused butter in a cast-iron skillet. Add in sugar and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Whisk together the baking soda, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and eggs. Combine the egg mixture with the cornmeal mixture. Carefully fold the sugar and butter mixture into the batter, then stir to combine.
- Set the cast-iron skillet over medium heat and pour in the batter. Pour the havarti cheese on top. Cook cornbread for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with jalapeño-infused butter and orange marmelade.