Infused Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Bowl
You will love this teriyaki pineapple chicken bowl recipe if you enjoy Asian seasonings, tender chicken, and herb-infused oil.
It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to cook, so you can enjoy this distinctive meal within an hour of starting this refreshing, tangy, and nutritious recipe.
Health Benefits of this Dish
The variety of ingredients in this dish boasts a range of health benefits in addition to being delicious.
Pineapple has many antioxidants and nutrients, and they aid digestion and boost immunity. Its properties promote healing, bone health, and pain relief.
Sesame oil has many antioxidants and benefits from fatty acids like omega 3, omega 6, and omega 9 fatty acids. One study found that sesame oil decreased stress and cortisol levels. Botanicals infused into the sesame oil also provide additional therapeutic value as well as enhance the flavor.
For this recipe, choose flower high in terpenes like limonene that carry citrusy notes and scents to accentuate the pineapple flavor base.
Decarbing Your Flower
Before you begin making the dish, you’ll need to decarb and infuse your herb. Decarboxylating the raw flower before the infusion step activates the botanical compounds and turns on their psychoactive effects. Without decarbing flower, you wouldn’t feel any differently after eating it.
You’ll only need 2 tablespoons of infused oil to make this recipe.
A commonly used herb to oil ratio in the LĒVO calls for 7-14 grams of flower to 1-2 cups of oil. Set aside 2 tablespoons of infused oil for the recipe, and then store the extra oil in a dark, labeled jar in the refrigerator- ready for your next recipe.
Infused Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Bowl
- 1 small pineapple
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce (regular or low sodium)
- 3 tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice (taken from the scooped-out fruit center)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons of minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of infused sesame oil
- 3/4 lb. of chopped boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
Preparing the Pineapple Bowls
Slice the pineapples in half. Leave the stems intact to give this dish a visual flair.
- Run a knife along the edge of the pineapple to cut into the fruit flesh. Then make grid-like cuts to create roughly 1-inch cubes.
- Scoop out the chunks with a spoon into a bowl. Set them aside for garnish. You can also use it as dessert.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice for sauce.
Preparing the Sauce
Whisk the soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, and infused sesame oil together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water, then stir into sauce.
Mix the sauce with infused sesame oil
Preparing and Cooking the Chicken
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the seasoned chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until golden brown, stirring as needed. Turn the chicken pieces over after 3 minutes. Cook until golden on the second side for 3 minutes more.
- Pour sauce over chicken and simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Make sure the sauce thickens and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Preparing the Bowls
Divide the rice and chicken between bowls and garnish with chopped pineapple, sesame seeds, and green onions.
Doesn’t that sound delicious and healthy? What could you do with a LĒVO infusing machine gracing your kitchen’s countertop?Share what you made with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it as #LEVOmade!
Is It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary And Confectionary Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVOQuiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.