Infused Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are so good that you’ll be planning your next batch in no time. The fresh chocolate chips with a hint of espresso give an extra layer of flavor. On top of the chocolate + coffee combination, the flower-infused butter will elevate your dessert even more- especially when it’s done correctly, with LĒVO II or LĒVO C magical butter.
The ingredients in this recipe are simple. This is a basic chocolate chip cookie made with a couple of new ingredients: infused butter and instant espresso.
For this recipe, the espresso is powdered, so you don’t have to grind and brew your own. Dark chocolate chips will balance the flavor of the coffee, making for a classic pairing. The sweetness of the dough will take the edge off any bitterness from the dark chocolate as would a glass of milk.
The cookies will be hot and gooey when they first come out of the oven. They will set to a perfect texture of well-baked edges and a soft center packed with flavor, healthy botanicals and terpenes.
The sea salt on the cookies is optional but highly recommended. The salt brings out all the flavors in the cookie with a nice juxtaposition of salty and sweet- and is much better than regular, iodized salt.
Note: Make sure to label these cookies as infused with medicinal flower so that there is no confusion for friends and family. As with all edibles, take your time. Try 1, wait an hour and that way you’ll best understand the potency of your treats.
Infused Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup infused butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons espresso powder or instant espresso
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips, divided
- flaky sea salt, optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1½ tablespoon balls. Set on the prepared cookie sheets, leaving a couple of inches in between for spreading.
- Using the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips, press several chocolate chips onto the tops of the mounds of dough (this will help the chocolate chips be more visible).
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until the edges are set, but the centers of the cookies are still underbaked.
- Place the baking sheets on wire racks and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired. The cookies will firm up as they cool.
How to Enjoy your Infused Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you want an extra punch of caffeine, these cookies will pair nicely with a cup of coffee. If you have a high tolerance for caffeine and simply love the flavor of coffee, then this route will be for you. A more traditional way to enjoy these cookies would be with a cold glass of milk.
How to Store Your Cookies
Find an airtight plastic container and put the cookies in. They can be left out on the counter for several days and will keep their freshness. If you want to try freezing these cookies, just wrap them in saran wrap and put them in the freezer.
They will store for at least a couple of months. The best way to see these cookies disappear is to invite your friends over and serve them as a late afternoon snack. The coffee will give a boost of energy, while the infused butter will provide for a relaxed conversation. Enjoy!
Isn’t It Time To Expand Your Repertoire Of Culinary And Craft Arts Into The World Of Home Infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes, educational content, calculators, photos, and MORE available on our website, or visit us on YouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.