Infused Cake Pops
Spooky mummy infused cake pops for an elevated Halloween.
- 1 box of Red Velvet cake mix (or your favorite cake mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup LĒVO-infused oil
- 1 can whipped vanilla icing
- 1 lb white chocolate candy melts
- Approximately 60 candy eyeballs
- Approximately 30 sticks
- Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box. It’s important to mix the cake batter well so that the infusion is equally distributed throughout the cake.
- Once the cake has cooled, use a food processor (or your hands) to break up the cake into crumbs.
- Add the crumbs into a large bowl and add about half a can of icing. You want the cake to be moist enough to roll into balls. Mix the icing into the crumbs a little at a time until you get the right consistency.
- Use your hands to roll the cake into 1 inch balls. Place the cake balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Once you have finished rolling the balls, cover the cookie sheets with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight. You can also place them in the freezer for 1-3 hours if you are pressed for time.
- Once the cake has been chilled, it’s time to decorate. Heat up a handful of the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave. Place the melts in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds to start. Take out and stir. Heat on 15 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip one end of the stick into the chocolate and gently insert it into the cake ball. Place the cake ball back on the cookie sheet.
- Once all the sticks have been inserted, let them set for 5 minutes. This allows the chocolate to harden.
- Heat up more chocolate in a deep bowl. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, begin dipping the cakepops into the chocolate. Make sure the cake is completely covered by the chocolate. You can get rid of the excess chocolate by gently tapping the stick on the side of the bowl. Continue until all the cakepops are covered.
- Pour the remaining chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle the cakepops with fine lines of chocolate. You can also use a fork instead of a piping bag. Just the dip the fork into the chocolate and drizzle the cakepops.
- While the chocolate is still wet, add two candy eyeballs to finish the decoration.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Each batch makes approximately 30 cakepops.