How To Make Natural Suppositories
It’s no surprise that suppositories are gaining popularity for people who do not have much experience with flower. They are an excellent way to administer therapeutically high amounts of hemp flower while avoiding some of the negative side effects that can come with larger doses. Natural suppositories can be a great alternative to managing pain from monthly menstrual cramps or a natural substitute for other intimacy lubricants. Learn how to make suppositories with LĒVO below!
The More You Know
After you’ve washed your hands (a must!) and decided which method of insertion works best for you, keep these things in mind: When inserting vaginally for pain, lie down and insert as deeply as you comfortably can. Corinne at Wake & Bake suggests using before bedtime as the ingredients warm with your body temperature and will start to melt. As an alternative to other lubricants, insert and let these natural suppositories work their magic.
According to Planned Parenthood, oil-based lubricants can damage latex. The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. Please consult your health care provider before making any health care decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition.
How To Make Natural Suppositories — Start By Finding Your Mold of Choice
While Corinne found an ideal mold in a very specific ice cube tray, she also provides the necessary steps to make your own at home. All you need is aluminum foil and a wooden spoon handle to create your own mold with the steps below:
1. Wrap a 6-inch wide piece of aluminum foil around the handle of a long wooden spoon handle 2-3 times.
2. Remove the handle while carefully keeping the aluminum foil tube intact.
3. Seal one end of the foil by rolling it until completely sealed.
4. Pour the flower-infused natural suppository mixture in.
5. Keep making DIY molds until you’ve used all of your suppository mixture.
6. Place the molds in a small cup in the fridge or freezer until solid.
7. Unwrap the suppositories. Cut into 1-2” pieces and store in the fridge or freezer.
How To Make Suppositories
2 hours 5 minutes
Learn how to make suppositories with LEVO!
- If you’ve got your official mold or your DIY mold ready for some action, we’d like to suggest LEVO’s official power pod for nailing your ideal strength. The power pod can increase the potency of your infusions, but we’ll leave that up to you to decide!
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 grams of a whole flower strain of your choice
Add your flower to your Power Pod and place in LEVO reservoir. Activate using the default time on the machine.
Once the Activate Cycle is complete, add your cocoa butter and coconut oil. Set your LEVO to Infuse and infuse at 200F / 93C for 2.5 hours.
- Once finished infusing, pour into molds.
- Place in the fridge until solid.
- Cut into 1″-2″ pieces. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- We hope you enjoyed learning how to make suppositories at home. Show us your creations using #LEVOmade.
For more information and additional coaching with flower, enroll in Corinne’s official class here.