Easy English Scones Recipe
Without further ado, let’s get sconed.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup Flower-Infused butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Infuse your butter and flower in LEVO beforehand- we recommend 200F for 2 hours.
- Dispense and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter.
- Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly (careful not to over-knead!)
- Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges, and place on the prepared baking sheet. If you like, you can glaze with some milk or egg, beaten, on top.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.