Cinnamon Apple Tart Recipe
What's better than a bite into a fresh apple? LEVO's cinnamon apple tart recipe.
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
- Melted apricot preserves
For the Filling
For the crust
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoon of cinnamon.*
- Begin infuse cycle at 160 F for 60 minutes in butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, toss apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and infused melted butter.
- Stir until dough forms. Press mixture into a 10” tart pan with a removable bottom. Press until dough is smooth.
- Arrange apples over crust, sprinkle with granulated sugar and dot top with butter.
- Bake until crust is golden and apples are tender for roughly an 1 hour.
- Brush with melted apricot preserves. Serve and enjoy!
- Share your dessert spread with us and show us your apple tart! We’d love to see what you make, post on social with #LEVOmade.
*Note: For those interested in an low dose edible experience, substitute with your favorite dried flower and infuse for up to 2.5 hours.