When someone said chocolate was food for the gods, they were thinking of our infused goji cacao chocolate bark recipe. It's a superfood, after all.
Superfoods: Tiny plant-based nutrients packed with essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals which make us feel better, heal faster, and even live longer! Superfoods are also high in antioxidants, which are like shields that protect our bodies from cellular damage and disease. With superfoods, a little goes a long way and by incorporating them into your diet every day you will gain superpowers over time.
Cocoa and goji berries are two powerful superfoods that are nutritionally dense and fill your body with all the right feel-good chemicals. Cacao is one of nature’s most potent antioxidant foods with over 300 healing chemicals including magnesium, zinc, anandamide and much more! Research has shown that cacao helps defuse free radicals, improve cardiovascular health, and reverse signs of aging. It’s also known to help boost mood and relieve symptoms of PMS!
Goji berries contain eighteen amino acids including all eight essential amino acids. These antioxidant-rich and high protein berries also contain over twenty vitamins and minerals making them even more powerful than some vegetables that we know. Goji berries have been studied to prevent free radical damage that accelerates aging as well as a huge boost to our immune system.
One for one, goji berries have more vitamin C than oranges which not only keep us from getting sick vitamin C also helps skin’s elasticity! Together cocoa, goji berries, and infused coconut oil make this bark a true healing treat. When a dessert can heal you and make you happy at the same time, you can sign us up anytime. Try our infused goji cacao chocolate bark recipe below!
Infused Goji Cacao Chocolate Bark Recipe
Kyra Mueller-Yamamoto from KYRIOUS.co
Our infused goji cacao chocolate bark recipe will woo you in by the first bite. Loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats, we could call this chocolaty goodness the ultimate skin food.
- 1 cup melted cacao butter
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup LEVO flower-infused coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw almond butter
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup coconut flakes (optional)
- dried rose petals
- Melt cocoa butter in a double boiler or by placing a small glass or metal bowl over a small pot filled with ¼ water over medium heat.
- Continue to stir the cocoa butter until melted and add the LEVO infused coconut oil.
- Once all completely melted, transfer to a blender with additional ingredients.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds and slowly pour chocolate mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Gently disperse the toppings across the chocolate and place inside of the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once the chocolate has hardened completely, break into chunks and enjoy!
- Tune in for future superfoods recipes next month with Kyra.
- Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.
- All images by Kyrious.co / Recipe by Kyra Mueller-Yamamoto