Chicken With Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Ditch the Campbell Soup run and make your own cozy soup from home. Try our chicken with cream of mushroom soup recipe pronto!
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup half and half, or more, as needed*
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2-3 tbs dried chili
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoon of dried rosemary and chili peppers of your choice.
- Begin infuse cycle at 165 F for 60 minutes in EVOO.
- Heat infused EVOO in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes
- set aside.
- Melt butter in the stockpot over medium heat (you can also use a Dutch oven). Add garlic, mushrooms, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaf and chicken thighs, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in half and half until heated through, about 1-2 minutes
- season with salt and pepper, to taste.*
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and rosemary, if desired.
*Note: If the soup is too thick, add more half and half as needed until desired consistency is reached. Getting cozy with our infused soups? Share what you make with #LEVOmade.