Biscuits With Rosemary and Thyme
Heather Templeton of Heather's Home Bakery
When the biscuit cravings begin, try this recipe for browned butter biscuits with rosemary and thyme.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick cold salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 stick salted butter (for infusion)
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Place 1 tbsp dried rosemary and 1 dried tbsp thyme to the LEVO herb pod. (If using fresh herbs, use the “DRY” cycle first to dry them!)
- Add 1 stick of salted butter to the reservoir.
- Infuse at 175°F for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt in a standing mixer.
- Cut cold butter in with paddle attachment until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add 1/4 cup LEVO-infused melted butter and milk, mixing until incorporated.
- Roll though onto a floured surface, and sprinkle a little bit of flour over the top as well.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut circles out and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until slightly golden on the outside.
- Serve warm with butter and enjoy!