Betty Crocker Banana Bread
This classic Betty Crocker banana bread recipe is easy to make and incredibly delicious. It requires very little preparation time (about 15 minutes), and it smells amazing while it’s baking!
This classic recipe has been a favorite for decades, and now you can add your own twist by using infused #LEVOmade butter made with botanicals derived from your favorite strain.
Decarboxylation activates the botanical compounds and prepares them to bind to the fats in the butter during the infusion stage.
A decarb machine like LĒVO is an easy way to get everything done instead of using your oven, slow cooker, baking pans, or mason jars at home. These long-used methods take much longer, cause significant odors, and won't be as effective as using a decarb machine. They can also lead to inconsistencies in the potency of your delicious creations.
How to Decarb Using LĒVO:
- Our recommended default setting for your LĒVO’s Activate (decarb) cycle is 240ºF/116ºC for 30 minutes. Decarbing this way significantly reduces the smell compared to any other method or device.
- Keep your herbs safe with the use of our Power Pods and pod protectors. Ensure the pod protector is at the bottom of the metal pod, add 7 grams of coarsely ground herb (broken by hand is great), and pop the silicone top on. This will help to keep your flower safe from the direct heat of the reservoir and ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Should you want to increase the efficiency (and potency) by decarbing 14 grams of flower at once, double your capacity by adding a second Power Pod to the reservoir. You can also find an extra Power Pod in our spare parts kit for LĒVO II, which is great to have for non-flower infusions or when your other parts are in the dishwasher.
If you don’t yet have a LĒVO home infuser, the steps in this article walk you through the process of decarboxylating, or ‘activating’ your herb and then infusing it into your butter. This needs to be done for you to get the full effects and benefits of your favorite plant.
A LĒVO home infusion machine automates and optimizes all of these stages of drying, activating, and infusing. The results are far more accurate and efficient- refining your cook times, and helping you to produce higher quality infused products - like magical butter.
Infusing the Butter
LĒVO makes infusing butter and oil as easy as pushing a button and has revolutionized gentle, potent butter infusion. It’s also great at containing the smell that comes with flower infusions.
All you have to do is put oil or butter in the machine until it covers the filled herb pods and set it to Infuse. When it is done, press the dispense button. That’s it! LĒVO is easy to clean because all the parts can go into the dishwasher.
How to infuse butter using LĒVO:
- Pack the coarsely ground, dried herb into the herb pod. Do not grind too fine, or the herb will seep into the infusion.
- Pop the pod into LĒVO’s reservoir, and add the magnetic stirrer. You can use two pods to double the potency.
- Slice your butter sticks so they fit into the bottom of the reservoir, or pre-melt the butter, fill the reservoir, and close the lid. Ensure you add enough butter to cover the flower inside the power pods.
- Consult the time and temperature calculator: 165 to 175 degrees, and infusion for 2.5-5 hours. Some people go up to 10 hours at 150°-170°. This step will result in excellent infused butter with no need to strain it.
- Dispense the finished butter into a sealable jar using LĒVO’s easy dispense mode. Use the herb press to squeeze as much oil out of the herb in the pod as possible.
Infused Betty Crocker Banana Bread
Banana bread is a staple if you enjoy making baked goods. Now infusing your banana bread with the health benefits of your botanicals makes this tasty treat even better.
3 medium or large mixing bowls,
A stirring spoon
Loaf pans (two 8 ½” x 4 ½” x 2 ½” pans or one 9”x 5”x 3” loaf pan)
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of infused butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of very ripe bananas mashed (3 to 4 medium)
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
Before you preheat the oven and mix the ingredients, move the lower oven rack down, so the top of the banana bread is in the center of the oven.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the loaf pans.
- Mix sugar and infused butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Add bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened.
- Mix in nuts and chocolate chips if you’re using them.
- Pour mixture evenly into pans.
- Bake for one hour. Bread baking in a 9” inch loaf pan may need 65-75 minutes. To check if it is done, you can gently poke a toothpick into the bread’s center. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If it has some batter on it, give it several more minutes and check frequently until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans and slide the bread out of the pan and onto the wire rack. Place it top side up on the wire rack.
- Make sure the bread is completely cool before slicing and serving.
When it’s cooled, wrap the bread up in plastic wrap or wax paper and store it at room temperature. It will stay good for up to 4 days at room temperature and up to 10 days if refrigerated.
Isn’t it time to expand your repertoire of culinary and craft arts into the world of home infusions?
LĒVO has a library of recipes,educational content,calculators,photos, and MORE available on ourwebsite, or visit us onYouTube to see videos of recipes and our products in action! Not sure where to start? Take the LĒVO Quiz to see which machine is right for you! #LĒVOmade
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.