Looking for the best vegan waffles recipe you can find? These Laverne Cox-inspired vegan waffles are paired with an unbelievably delicious cinnamon-infused maple syrup. Why Laverne Cox? We love her, and she's vegan and loves waffles. Enjoy the best vegan waffles recipe...ever.
The Best Vegan Waffles Recipe
The secret to a ridiculously good vegan waffle? Cinnamon-infused maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups vegan milk of choice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups maple syrup
For the waffles
For the maple syrup
- Pack LĒVO Herb Pod with 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half or into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Place LĒVO Herb Pod in reservoir and pour in 2 cups of maple syrup.
- Set LĒVO to Infuse for 45 minutes at 185 °F.
- Dispense into a glass container and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegan milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to make them fluffy.
- Add the sugar, infused coconut oil, and wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a spatula to gently mix the batter together. Batter should be thick! Some lumps are completely okay.
- Get out your waffle maker! Preheat it to your favorite setting. Then grease it! Pour waffle batter into the waffle maker. Close the lid and let it cook until the steam stops coming out of the machine.
- Serve with cinnamon-infused maple syrup! Enjoy!
- Recipe inspiration from Jessica in the Kitchen.