The Best Recipe for Chicken Chili
This wholesome chicken chili is packed with cannellini beans and jalapeños, making it, yes, the best recipe for chicken chili ever.
- 2 lb chicken thighs, skin and bones removed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons (or to taste) gray salt
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup jalapeno-infused EVOO
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Adjust the EVOO Chili Pepper Infusion based on your heat preference! Feel free to infuse your garlic along with your peppers for a 2-in-1 punch.
- Place chicken in large bowl. Season liberally with pepper and salt. Toss with fennel seed and paprika. Sprinkle flour over chicken
- toss to coat.
- Heat cast-iron pot or 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup Infused EVOO
- once hot, add chicken, leaving excess flour in bowl. Spread chicken evenly so it covers bottom of pot in single layer. (Chicken may need to be cooked in batches to do this, adding more EVOO as necessary.)
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes on each side, turning with tongs, until browned. Remove from pot with slotted spoon to a plate, leaving drippings in pot.
- Reduce heat to medium
- add a little more EVOO the red onions and garlic to pot. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened. Stir in chili powder. Stir in tomatoes. Heat to a simmer over medium heat, then stir in broth and cooked chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered about 45 minutes or until chicken is wonderfully tender.
- Stir in beans, zucchini and bell pepper. Heat to a simmer over medium-low heat
- cook 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately, or cool and store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.