If you're like us, you love baked nectarines. The classic dish is nothing short of heavenly. In our baked nectarines recipe, we add jasmine green tea coconut oil to elevate those flavors and add in some extra health benefits.
Nectarines are a great source of antioxidant-rich Vitamin C and potassium. They also can improve cellular functioning and cardiovascular and digestive health. Jasmine tea is known to boost metabolism and improve health. The caffeine in tea can provide temporary mental alertness too. So, you can consider this quick pick me up a healthy snack before a night out!
Baked Nectarines Recipe
2 hours 5 minutes
We've added lightly crushed jasmine green tea infused with coconut oil to your favorite summer treat—baked nectarines!
- 1.5 cups melted coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons jasmine green tea, lightly crushed
- 4 nectarines
- Using a mortar and pestle, lightly crush the jasmine green tea so that it is coarsely ground (not finely ground).
- Fill the Herb Pod ¾ of the way with the crushed jasmine green tea (leaving room for the oil to flow through the pod). Add the melted coconut oil to the reservoir. Set the temperature to 180 degrees and the time to 2.5 hours.
- When the infusion has finished, dispense into a glass jar and let cool 10 minutes.
- While oil cools, heat the oven to 350 degrees and slice the nectarines in half (removing and discarding the pits).
- Coat the bottom of a small baking dish with the jasmine infused coconut oil.
- Place the nectarines in the dish face up and lightly drizzle the top with coconut oil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Using tongs, gently turn each nectarine cut side down in the baking dish (trying not to squeeze the nectarine and release juices).
- Place the dish bake in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the dish and let the nectarines cool until lightly warm. Serve in small bowls or rimmed dishes with fresh herbs and dried flowers. Pair with an iced cup of Jasmine green tea.
+Bonus Body Butter Recipe
- Pour the remaining jasmine infused coconut oil into a jar, seal airtight and cool in the fridge until mostly solid.
- Spoon into a large bowl and whip with a handheld mixer for 3-5 minutes until creamy. Store in an airtight container at room temp. So whether you’re sharing this treat on a rooftop this summer or lathering up your summer glow. As always, don’t forget to share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.