Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
2 hours 5 minutes
Alyssa Nicole @lysssanicole
Vegan Thanksgiving. Yes, please!
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup LEVO infused-vegan butter
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp LEVO infused-vegan butter
For the topping
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tbsp of your flower of choice.
- Add butter to the reservoir and set to Infuse for 170F for 2.5 hours.
- Cook sweet potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking dish.
- Stir together all the topping ingredients in a mixing bowl until the mixture is crumbly.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the vegan butter, almond milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Use a potato masher or electric beater to mash until the texture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a prepared baking dish and sprinkle the topping over potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are bubbly and topping is browned.