Rainbow Gummy Candy Recipe
Say goodbye to store-bought gummies, and hello to your newest kitchen obsession: the rainbow gummy candy. Perfect for your Pride month festivities, each rainbow gummy candy is a work of art, and surprisingly easy to create.
Gather a group of friends, or tackle this adventure alone, and get rainbow gummy candy making! Feel free to simplify the process by using our gummy mixes. You'll also need our Gummy and Candy Molds or our LEVO II + Gummy Making Bundle.
Recipe by Jeff the 420 Chef.
Rainbow Gummy Candy Recipe
Make your own rainbow gummy candy with LEVO.
- 4 packages Kool-Aid (red, yellow, purple, blue)
- 2 x 1 oz. Boxes of Knox Gelatin
- 1/2 warm water
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 6 tsp infused oil (know the potency)
- 7 Tbsp light corn syrup
- Sorbitol, pinch (optional)
- Food coloring gel to create new colors
- If you have any left-over infused oil from other recipes, measure out 6 tsp and set aside.
If not, we'll need to make some infused oil with the LĒVO.
Fill LĒVO Herb Pod with coarsely ground flower of your choice. Set LĒVO to the Activate Cycle for 30 minutes at 240°F.
- Once complete, fill LĒVO reservoir with oil of choice. Follow the LĒVO Calculator to determine how long to Infuse for. If using coconut oil, infuse for 2.5+ hours at 160-175°F.
- Once complete, dispense and set aside.
- Set up 6 bowls for the colors.
- In each bowl mix 2 tsp of sugar, 3 1/2 tsp corn syrup, a pinch of sorbitol (optional), 1/4 tsp of Kool-Aid. Mix well and set aside. Tip: To create a green or orange, use a toothpick and first add a little yellow food coloring gel to the lemonade flavor. Then add small amounts of blue or red to create either green or orange.
- Now that all 6 colors are ready, we’re going to make the gelatin mix for each color separately.
- In a small bowl mix 4 tsp of warm water with 2 Tbsp of gelatin. Let it sit and bloom for 2 minutes.
- While the gelatin is blooming, microwave one bowl of colored syrup for 8 seconds and mix well. Do not heat for longer than 8 seconds!
- Add 1 tsp of infused oil to the syrup and mix well.
- Combine the infused syrup with the bloomed gelatin and mix well.
- Microwave mixture for another 8 seconds, mix well.
- Fill the dropper with infused gummy syrup and begin dropping into the molds.
- To create the rainbow gummy candy, place about 15 drops of one color in each cavity and allow to cure for a few minutes while you prepare the next color and then drop another 15 drops onto the top of the previous color. Repeat until you’ve done all the colors and filled the molds. It’s okay to have a little leftover from each color. We recommend having an extra gummy mold on hand to fill with the excess gummy syrup.
- When all is done, refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from molds and enjoy!
Tip: To create a green or orange, use a toothpick and first add a little yellow food coloring gel to the lemonade flavor. Then add small amounts of blue or red to create either green or orange.
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.