Pumpkins are truly for all seasons. As an antioxidant and superfood, pumpkins are highly nutritious and rich in Vitamin A.
Full of delicious fall flavors, this recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, and can be modified for vegans or Paleo diets.
The spices are combined to create a #LEVOmade infusion and the vegetables can easily be swapped out too. Butternut squash for pumpkin, perhaps?
So whether you’re slow cooking over the stove or using your Instapot, this soup recipe is easy to make. Follow our pumpkin sweet potato soup recipe below!
Spiced Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup With Carrots
Eat this warm and delicious spiced pumpkin sweet potato soup with carrots for a healthy dinner option any season!
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tsp cinnamon, chopped
- 1 tsp nutmeg, whole
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 3 1/4 cups of pumpkin or squash flesh (peeled and diced)
- 1 apple (cored and diced)
- 1 liter vegetable stock 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter *sub for vegan butter if desired!
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Pack LEVO Pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoons of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Begin infuse cycle at 160 F for 60 minutes with butter or vegan butter alternative.
- In a saucepan, heat EVOO, and fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the diced sweet potato, carrot, and pumpkin and fry for another few minutes.
- Add the diced apple, vegetable stock and vanilla extract. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Stir, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until the ingredients are soft.
- Once cooked add the infused butter. Allow to cool a little and blend the soup using a stick blender directly in the cooker pot, or transfer to a blender or food processor until silky smooth.
- Check the seasoning and add a little more vanilla.* Add more stock or water to thin.
*Note: When adding the vanilla, you want a hint rather than a definite flavor. As a superfoods-filled soup, don’t forget to share it with friends! Show us what you make with #LEVOmade.