How to Make Doweedos (Dorito Edibles)
Whether you’re Team Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, or Flamin’ Hot, we have the Dorito edibles recipe for you. Using a LĒVO home infusion machine you can elevate your Doritos game by infusing them with a hemp-infused oil to create Doweedos!
Make Dorito Edibles with a LĒVO Home Infusion Device
LĒVO home infusion machines have simplified the process of drying, activating, and infusing various kinds of herbs and oils, including hemp flower. A favorite home appliance for many edible infusiasts, the LĒVO II is our most popular infusion machine for personal use. It comes equipped with a 16 oz. reservoir, a Power Pod for your herbs, and a silicone stirrer.
Hemp lovers everywhere know how grueling it can be to create your own edibles by hand without the assistance of an infusion device. The daunting nature of manual infusion can be timely, smelly and difficult to control infusion potency and consistency.
With a one-time investment the LĒVO II’s patented technology can take care of the entire infusion process for you. You will save a significant amount of money while having the custom control over the ingredients and potency of your edibles. For our Dorito edibles recipe, we will be infusing an MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil but the LĒVO is capable of infusing just about any fatty substance, from butter, honey, and milk to olive oil, coconut oil, and vegetable glycerin.
You can keep enjoying the same recipes over and over again while experimenting with various carriers and herbs. Before you start infusing, be sure to check out our online calculator to determine the appropriate settings. For the MCT oil we will be using in our Dorito edibles recipe, you’ll want to set your infusion temperature between 185°F and 200°F and allow the oil to infuse for at least 2.5 hours. Keep in mind – LĒVO can infuse for up to ten hours.
All LĒVO products have a sleek modern appearance and come in a range of vibrant colors. We also have limited edition colors that get released in limited quantities – so stay on the look-out for those! Whichever color you choose, it is sure to look gorgeous on any kitchen countertop while still being compact enough for easy cabinet or pantry storing.
Dorito Edibles (Doweedos)
Before creating your Dorito edibles, you will need to infuse a neutral oil with hemp flower. For this recipe, we recommend infusing flavorless MCT oil. Some infusiasts have also reported using olive oil but keep in mind: olive oil does have a distinct flavor that will come through after cooking.
We recommend starting with a small amount of herb and working your way up, testing different amounts until you land on an amount that produces the most desirable effects. LĒVO herb pods can hold up to eight grams of hemp flower, while the reservoir has a capacity of 16 ounces for infusing up to two cups of oil. The longer you allow the hemp to infuse, the more potent the infusion will be. If this is your first time making edibles using the LĒVO, we recommend reviewing our guide for beginners before you get started.
To infuse hemp oil using a LĒVO home infusion machine, follow these instructions:
- Place fresh herbs in a LĒVO herb pod. There’s no need to grind the herbs beforehand, though coarsely-ground herbs are fine to use. Anything finer could potentially leak out of the pod during the infusion process.
- Stick the Power Pod in the LĒVO’s basin along with 2 cups of the oil of your choice.
- Shut the lid and input your time and temperature settings. If you are infusing MCT oil with hemp flower, set the temperature to 185-200°F.
- Infuse the oil for at least 2.5 hours. For a more potent infusion, you can infuse for up to 10 hours.
- Empty the contents of the basin into a glass jar with an airtight lid or another sealed container. Store at room temperature, or keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to make your Dorito edibles.
Once your infusion is complete, it’s time to make some delicious Dorito edibles!
Dorito Edibles (Doweedos) Recipe
- 1 tsp infused MCT oil
- 1 oz. of Doritos (your choice of flavor)
- Baking sheet
Once the infusion is complete, pour the desired amount of oil into your spray bottle.
- Preheat your oven to 240°F.
- Tear off a sheet of parchment paper and cover the baking sheet. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can also use aluminum foil.
- Spread out a single serving of your favorite Doritos on the baking sheet (equivalent to a small 1 oz. bag of chips).
- Spray the infused oil evenly over the top of the Doritos. Flip the chips and spray again until you’ve used the desired amount.
- Bake the Doritos for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, pull the Doritos out using your heat-protective glove and allow the chips to cool.
These Dorito edibles are best when they are eaten fresh but you can save your infused creation for later by storing the chips for up to 5 days. Don’t worry, we’ve thought about this, too! Our Sharing is Caring Kit is designed to make saving and sharing your infused treats a breeze!
Note: We highly recommend opting out of pouring or sprinkling the hemp oil onto the Doritos. You are much more likely to get an even result by using an oil sprayer. If you pour or sprinkle oil onto the Doritos, different chips may contain different amounts of hemp and some chips may get soggy.
If you enjoyed this Dorito edibles recipe, be sure to check out LĒVO’s edible mixes. Our brownie and gummy mixes make it easier than ever to enjoy delicious edibles featuring high-quality, health conscious ingredients.
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.