Infusing milk at home can be quite the tricky kitchen adventure without the right tools. Even if you have a cheesecloth on hand, you're not guaranteed to have smooth milk at the end. The cheese cloth does its best, but there's usually some grit or fats leftover that seep through. This can result in a milk that's not a joy to drink!
Luckily, you can infuse milk directly with LĒVO. All you need to do is press a button and LĒVO will do everything else for you. When the infusion is complete, you'll have a final product that’s clean, tasty, and easy to store.
Here are some items to help you get started:
- LEVO II Infusion Machine
- Power Pod (for increasing the potency and/or flavor of your infusion)
- Herb Press (for squeezing out every last drop of milk)
Tips for Infused Milk or Dairy:
- You don't want to overheat the milk as it can impact the flavor and nutrients or cause it to burn. Keep the temperature to 165°F or below when infusing
- If using a magical kind of herb for infusion, you want to use whole fat milk or dairy, as it's most efficient for binding the herb to the liquid
- Store your infused milk or dairy in the refrigerator
- For a vegan or dairy-free option, coconut milk and soy milk have good amounts of fat for efficiently binding your herbs
Recipes to try with infused milk or dairy:
Keep reading to learn how to infuse milk easily at home with LĒVO.
How To Infuse Milk
Looking for an easy, mess-free method for infusing milk? The rumors are true: you can infuse milk with LĒVO! Add infused milk to coffees, smoothies, or alone with a side of cookies. Follow these easy steps to learn how to infuse milk.
2 Tbsp herbs, fruit, or spice of choice
Optional: use a second Power Pod at the same time for a stronger infusion
1-2 cups milk of choice (vegan milks work too)
Mason jars, for storing
Coarsely chop herbs of choice and place inside the LĒVO Herb Pod. Insert the Herb Pod into the reservoir where you see the “Place Pod Here” marker.
If you're using fresh herbs, set LĒVO to the Dry cycle.
Once the Dry cycle is complete, pour milk into the reservoir.
Set LĒVO to the Infuse cycle for 45-60 minutes between 150-165°F. *Rule of thumb: Do not let the milk come close to boiling. If possible, check in on your infusion to ensure you don't hear boiling. Low and slow is the rule here.
When complete, allow the infusion to cool for a few minutes. Once the mixture has cooled, dispense into a clean container (mason jars work really well for this purpose).
Store in a sealed mason jar or other airtight container in the fridge, and enjoy!