Kristen Kish is a Korean-American chef and winner of Top Chef Season 10. Her cooking prowess led her to host two cooking TV shows, including 36 Hours and Fast Foodies. We added a LĒVO twist to her incredible caramelized figs & pistachio vanilla ice cream recipe. How so? By infusing flower into the honey, of course! This delicious, easy dessert will convince your dinner guests that you, too, are a Top Chef. Try our honey pistachio ice cream recipe.
Honey Pistachio Ice Cream
Make your own honey pistachio ice cream with LEVO.
- 2 cups honey
- 8 oz flower of choice
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 12 firm figs, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp flower-infused honey
- 1 carton pistachio ice cream
For the infusion
For the ice cream
- Pack LĒVO Herb Pod with flower of choice.
- Place LĒVO Herb Pod into the reservoir, then pour in the honey.
Set the LĒVO to Infuse at 105°F and for 30-120 minutes.
- Once complete, dispense into a glass container. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread the pistachios on a pan and toast for around 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Let cool slightly, then chop.
Brush the figs with infused honey.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over high heat.
Place half the figs in the skillet and cook with the cut side down until lightly caramelized, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat with remaining figs.
Serve the figs with ice cream and toasted pistachios. Drizzle extra infused honey on top!