Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
This recipe is sure to keep those bone-chilling temps at bay, so read on, get cozy, and prepare that big bowl of broccoli cheddar cauliflower soup to enjoy by the fire.
- 2 tbsp (non-infused EVOO)
- 2-3 tbsp flower-infused EVOO
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Fresh scallions, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped or sliced thinly
- 1 head of broccoli, stems included
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- 3- 4 cups water, broth, or stock
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sub for vegan if desired!)
- Leftover stale bread for croutons
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- In a large pot add 2 tablespoons of non-infused olive oil and cook onions until slightly translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli, red pepper flakes, and roughly 1-1.5 cups of chicken broth, vegetable stock, or water (we recommend stock for a more flavorful soup). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Raise the heat to medium, cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add an additional 2.5 cups of broth or water as needed, and bring to a slight boil.
- Then, transfer the soup in batches to a vitamix or blender and purée until smooth (make sure you work in batches as you never want to fill your blender all then way to the top with hot liquid).
- Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese and let the soup stand for 10 minutes (or as long as you can wait).
- In the meantime season your stale bread, soon to be croutons, shred some of the remaining cheddar cheese on top, and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Once your soup has cooled slightly, you can thin it out with a few tablespoons of broth if needed.
- Finally transfer to a bowl, garnish with some freshly diced scallions, layer on the croutons, and drizzle with a few milligrams of flower-infused extra virgin olive.
- Stay warm out there!
- Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.