Rosemary Garlic Hummus
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3-4 small or 2-3 large cloves of garlic
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- pinch of kosher salt
- Add flower in with the rosemary and garlic when infusing the olive oil. Increase infusion time to 1 hour.
- Trim the rosemary sprigs to fit in the herb pod. Gently press the garlic with the back of a knife to split it open.
- Place the rosemary and the garlic in the herb pod and press the lid in place.
- Place the herb pod in the LEVO reservoir. Pour the olive oil into the reservoir.
- Set your LEVO to 165°F for 30 minutes.
- When infused, dispense the rosemary garlic olive oil into a jar.
- Pour the chickpeas with liquid into the bowl of a food processor, along with lemon juice and tahini. Pulse until a chunky paste forms.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl and add in 2 tablespoons of the rosemary garlic olive oil. Puree until smooth and drizzle in more olive oil if necessary.
- Scoop the hummus into a beautiful shallow dish. Drizzle with more rosemary garlic olive oil.
- Hummus and fresh vegetables snack platter with grain salad and crackers
- Show us what you’re serving! Share your pics with @LEVO_Oil and let everyone know it’s #LEVOmade.
Pro Tip: Make your hummus fancy so it stands out: use a spatula to gently trace a well into the top of the hummus. Pour the rosemary garlic olive oil into the well. Sprinkle paprika to add some color or place a fresh spring of rosemary on top as garnish. You could also sautee up some whole chickpeas in the rosemary garlic olive oil and add them on top. Enjoy!