In the Kitchen With STUDIO A-OK x ODB
- This is a super tasty, seasonal salad with beets, pickled fuyu persimmon, Persian cucumbers, labneh and za’atar.
- 4 Tbsp Labneh
- 1 lb Beets
- 1 lb Pickled Persimmons
- 1 lb Persian Cucumbers
- 4 tsp. Za’Atar
- 4 tsp. Maldon Salt
- 4 tbsp. LEVO basil and flower-infused oil
- 4oz. Petite greens or edible flowers
- 1 part Sumac (try to find Fresh BC sumac)
- 1 part Toasted White Sesame Seeds
- 1 part Dried Thyme (dry fresh time yourself for best flavour)
- 1 lb. Fuyu persimmons, cut into 1/8 wedges (try to use slightly underripe persimmons for best results)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 C white wine vinegar
- 1C water
- 1 Tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. whole coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1- 1” piece ginger, smashed
- LEVO basil and flower-infused oil
- 2 cups neutral flavor cooking oil (Canola, Grapeseed, Light Olive Oil, Avocado)
- 2 Tbsp of basil
- 2-3 grams of flower
- Fill LEVO pod with 2 Tbsp basil and approximately 2-3 grams of flower (depending on desired strength).
- Add 2 cups of cooking oil to the reservoir.
- Set time to 2.5 hours and 200F to infuse.
- Lay down a base of labneh in the middle of each plate.
- Arrange beets on top of the labneh so the pointy edges are pointing up.
- Follow suit with the pickled persimmons and Persian cucumbers.
- Season the dish with a tsp of za’atar on each plate and an equal amount of Maldon salt.
- Drizzle one Tbsp of basil cannabis oil on each plate.
- Finish each plate with 3-5 leaves of petite basil, mint or edible flowers.
Follow the prep below for each veggie + LEVO-infusion
- Boil your beets in salt water until fork tender. Remove from heat, strain and place beets in a heat-proof container. Cover with an air tight lid or saran wrap to steam. Allow beets to cool enough to handle.
- Mix all three parts together and store in an air-tight container for maximum freshness.
- Add all of your ingredients except for the persimmons to a small pot over high heat. While that is heating up, prepare your persimmons and place in a small bowl. Once your brine has come to a boil, pour over top of persimmons and cover with a plate to weigh them down and keep them submerged. Leave at room temperature until cool. Pickles will be good for two weeks in the fridge.
- Persian cucumbers are the baby cucumbers you see in little 6-packs at the grocery store. They are thin-skinned and have a nice crunch. Cut them on a bias in 1” pieces using a roll-cut. Slice on a bias, roll 90 degrees and then cut on a bias again.
- You can make this yourself or head down to your nearest Mediterranean market and pick some up. If you cant find any, substitute greek yogurt or use regular yogurt and strain through cheesecloth for 24 hours.
- Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.