Fat Washed Gin
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil (you can use up to 8 oz for less flavorful fats)
- 750 ml of spirit such as gin, bourbon, vodka, etc
- LEVO infuser
- Mason jar with lid
- Bottle with cork for storage
- Infuse your olive oil or use remaining oil after making a Canna-Infused Olive Oil Cake
- Mix the spirit and fat (here we have gin and infused olive oil) in a mason jar with a seal-proof lid.
- Agitate the infusion and leave it at room temperature for about 4 to 5 hours for the flavors to infuse. Transfer to the freezer overnight to solidify the fats.
- The next day, the fat should have solidified at the top of the jar. Using a mixing spoon, break up the coagulated fat and strain the spirit through the cheesecloth. Strain again as desired to remove any left over solids if necessary.
- Pour your strained, fat-washed gin back into its original bottle or a freshly cleaned and dried (straight from the dishwasher after a heat cycle is best) bottle that seals (pop-top or cork) for storage on your bar. Or…make it into cocktails.
- Show us what you’re mixing with @LEVO_Oil #LEVOmade!