Fat Washed Gin
Fat Washed Gin
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil (you can use up to 8 oz for less flavorful fats)
- 750 ml of spirit such as gin, bourbon, vodka, etc
- LEVO infuser
- Mason jar with lid
- Bottle with cork for storage
- Infuse your olive oil or use remaining oil after making a Canna-Infused Olive Oil Cake
- Mix the spirit and fat (here we have gin and infused olive oil) in a mason jar with a seal-proof lid.
- Agitate the infusion and leave it at room temperature for about 4 to 5 hours for the flavors to infuse. Transfer to the freezer overnight to solidify the fats.
- The next day, the fat should have solidified at the top of the jar. Using a mixing spoon, break up the coagulated fat and strain the spirit through the cheesecloth. Strain again as desired to remove any left over solids if necessary.
- Pour your strained, fat-washed gin back into its original bottle or a freshly cleaned and dried (straight from the dishwasher after a heat cycle is best) bottle that seals (pop-top or cork) for storage on your bar. Or…make it into cocktails.
- Show us what you’re mixing with @LEVO_Oil #LEVOmade!
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.