Part of the LEVO fun is making your own creations. This basic infused butter recipe can be used wherever you use butter in your favorite recipes. Looking for ghee? Use this basic recipe to make infused ghee or skip ahead and make basic LEVO ghee without the infusion.
Basic LEVO Butter Infusion
1. Pack LEVO herb pod with your herb of choice. Use fresh herbs or coarsely ground dried herbs. Too finely ground and your herb will seep through into your infusion, so grind just enough to increase surface area and maximize infusion.
2. Add LEVO herb pod into the reservoir.
3. Slice 16 oz (four sticks) of butter into large pieces so they fit nicely into the LEVO reservoir.
4. Place the butter into your LEVO reservoir and close the lid.
5. Set your LEVO to 160-175°F and infuse for 30-120 minutes, depending on your herb choice. Use the time and temperature calculator to be precise.
6. While the butter is still warm, dispense your infusion into an airtight container. We like reusable glass jars. Use your Herb Press to strain as efficiently as possible and to ensure you get every last drop of infusion.
7. Store your butter infusion in the refrigerator. Or, make it last longer and keep your infusions organized and accessible by pouring them into freezer-safe Herb Blocks.
Savory or sweet, whatever you’re cookin’ up, add the flavor and health benefits of herbs with LEVO infused butter.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it as #LEVOmade.