Spicy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Pumpkins aren't just delicious, they're nutritious! Follow our spicy pumpkin bread recipe instead of the highly processed store-bought option for a health, and taste, boost.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons nutmeg, whole or roughly chopped
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin praline topping recipe (optional)
- To begin, chop up the cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger into smaller pieces, and roughly chop the nutmeg (if whole). Pack the LEVO herb pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoon of the cinnamon, ginger, & nutmeg mixture, filling the pod about half way.
- Place the herb pod inside the LEVO reservoir along with 2 sticks of butter, which can be melted or solid to start, and ensure correct placement of the silicone stirrer at the bottom.
- Set your LEVO to the Infuse cycle and adjust the default settings to 160º F for 60 minutes. Press start and wait for your kitchen to fill with the aroma of warm butter and spices. When the infuse cycle is completed, dispense the infusion into a clean container and let cool and begin to solidify.
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Grease or coat two (2) 9×4-inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together #LEVOmade infused butter (softened- not liquid), sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. (Don’t forget to scrape the sides down a couple of times!)
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until smooth. Then, add one egg at a time, beating to incorporate into the mixture after each additional egg.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Note: Do not over mix!
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pre-greased loaf pans as you fill them up. Then, bake at 350º F until a toothpick or cake tester in the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool in their pans for about 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove and transfer to wire rack.
- Divide the pumpkin praline in half and spread evenly over the tops of the cakes.
- Serve warm, or allow the cake to finish cooling completely before storing. Enjoy!
- When you pair with a cup of tea or coffee, share what you make with #LEVOmade.