Spicy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Spicy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Pumpkins aren't just delicious, they're nutritious! Follow our spicy pumpkin bread recipe instead of the highly processed store-bought option for a health, and taste, boost.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons nutmeg, whole or roughly chopped
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin praline topping recipe (optional)
- To begin, chop up the cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger into smaller pieces, and roughly chop the nutmeg (if whole). Pack the LEVO herb pod with a combined 2-3 tablespoon of the cinnamon, ginger, & nutmeg mixture, filling the pod about half way.
- Place the herb pod inside the LEVO reservoir along with 2 sticks of butter, which can be melted or solid to start, and ensure correct placement of the silicone stirrer at the bottom.
- Set your LEVO to the Infuse cycle and adjust the default settings to 160º F for 60 minutes. Press start and wait for your kitchen to fill with the aroma of warm butter and spices. When the infuse cycle is completed, dispense the infusion into a clean container and let cool and begin to solidify.
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Grease or coat two (2) 9×4-inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together #LEVOmade infused butter (softened- not liquid), sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. (Don’t forget to scrape the sides down a couple of times!)
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until smooth. Then, add one egg at a time, beating to incorporate into the mixture after each additional egg.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Note: Do not over mix!
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pre-greased loaf pans as you fill them up. Then, bake at 350º F until a toothpick or cake tester in the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool in their pans for about 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove and transfer to wire rack.
- Divide the pumpkin praline in half and spread evenly over the tops of the cakes.
- Serve warm, or allow the cake to finish cooling completely before storing. Enjoy!
- When you pair with a cup of tea or coffee, share what you make with #LEVOmade.
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.