Monkfish is a low-fat, low-calorie source of selenium, a valuable mineral and powerful antioxidant that plays a role in many bodily functions.
For this monkfish recipe, we've added a brown butter infused with lemon zest and thyme. This meal is sure to be a fan favorite while you’re dining outside. Vino, anyone?
Monkfish Recipe With Brown Butter and Shaved Fennel
Ever heard of monkfish? It's a low-fat, low-calorie source of antioxidants. Try our monkfish recipe now!
- 4 oz (cut into 1 oz slices)
Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 each lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup butter (browned)
- 1” thick lemon zest
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup shaved fennel
1/2 each lemon juice
- Black pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Infused Brown Butter
- To prepare brown butter
- Grab a wide pan and place it on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add butter. As it melts, continuously stir the butter around the pan. The butter will go from brown to burnt quickly, so stay close by.
- Keep swirling the butter over the heat until it is light brown in color and smells nutty. Take it off the heat and add to LEVO reservoir.
- Pack LEVO Pod with 2″ lemon zest and 2 tbs thyme.
- Begin infuse cycle at 165 F for 120 minutes.
- Slice and season monkfish.
- Heat up a cast iron pan over medium high heat. In a hot cast iron pan begin to sear on one side till golden brown.
- Add some infused brown butter to the pan, flip fish and squeeze lemon over it to stop butter from browning further.
- Remove and put on a plate.
- Mix shaved fennel with more lemon juice, and olive oil– season with salt and pepper.
Place on top of the monkfish and serve immediately.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil on Instagram and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade