Infused Mini Key Lime Pie Cups
These infused mini key lime pie cups are delicious and adorable.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (GF for gluten-free eaters)* can also substitute crust for walnuts and dates
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) vegan butter melted
- 1 cup raw cashews (boiled and soaked for 4-6 hours or overnight, then drained)
- 3/4 cup light or full-fat coconut milk (well-shaken)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3-4 large limes* (3-4 limes yield ~1/2 cup juice)
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup agave nectar (sweetened to preference)
- Substitute Graham Crackers – Walnuts & Dates
- Substitute Agave Nectar – Maple Syrup
- Substitute Key Limes – Regular Limes
- Add tablespoon of seamoss for extra nutrients
Lunita’s Alternative Options
- Optional #LEVOmade Infusion for either the crust (butter) or filling (full-fat coconut milk)
- Fill pod about 7 grams of your flower of choice. Hit the Activate cycle to start. Add 1 cup butter or full-fat coconut milk to LEVO reservoir.
- For either butter and or full-fat coconut milk, set temperature to 160-175°F and time to 2.5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners (as original recipe is written / adjust if altering batch size).
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a fine meal. Then add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Distribute evenly among muffin tins and press down with a glass or spoon to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend on high (or liquefy) until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime zest/juice for more tart, or more agave for added sweetness.
- Pour filling into muffin tins and tap on counter to release air bubbles. Top with a bit more lime zest and loosely cover.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes to thaw before serving. Keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, though best served when fresh.
Make sure you have a lime squeezer on deck! It’ll save you time from hand squeezing yourself.